Meeting Minutes 9-5-2014
American Guinea Hog Association
September 5, 2014 9:00pm EST
Present: Jessie, Angela, Ann, Teresa and Nancy
Next meeting: October 3, 2015 9:00pm EST
- Old Business
- Kim Consol was authorized to have her hotel room and other expenditures paid for in regards to the National Heirloom Expo 2014.
- If there is a conference a board member is interested in attending, submit proposal to the board for reimbursement.
- Ron will be transferring the donation of four hogs to ECHO on Saturday Sept. 6.
- New Business
- Newsletter: Ann is in need of articles and photos for the newsletter. If you have anything you would like to submit, please send it to her as soon as possible.
- Treasurer: Between the Savings, Checking and Paypal we have apprx. $15,800 in the accounts.
- Zazzle: The reason we have not been getting paid from the items purchased on Zazzle is they need our tax ID#. Nancy was going to work on getting that cleared up.
- Finished Hogs for Restaurant Use: 125lb hogs are being sold for $7.50/lb to a restaurant in Illinois. The restaurant wants the entire hog from nose to tail.
- Registration Letter: Teresa Hord brought up adding a form letter with the litter registration paperwork explaining the next step to register individual hogs and a thank you letter included with the hog registration paperwork. Teresa was going to write up a letter and send it to the board members to review.
- Transfer of Hogs: Jesse brought up how he feels that we should be handing the registration paperwork over to the buyer upon pick up of hog and have the buyer send in the papers. He feels that by the seller sending in the paperwork it leaves the buyer thinking they might not get the registration paperwork. We discussed looking into how other registries (like AKC) that have “litters” do their registration.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:48pm EST