Meeting Minutes – 10-27-2016

AGHA BOARD MINUTES – 10-27-2016

October 27, 2016 9 PM Central time.

Meeting called to order at 8 pm, Eastern time

Roll Call- A quorum was present.

In attendance were:
President Angela Ingraham
Vice-President Jack Rowland
Secretary Pro Tem/Treasurer Kim Consol
Region 2 Director Susan Williamson
Region 5 Director Wendy McDaniel
Board Member at Large Donna Hertlein

Not present:
Region 3 Director Deborah Niemann-Boehle
Region 4 Director Heather Nesler

Minutes

The September Meeting Minutes were approved.

Treasurer’s Report

The September 2016 Treasurer’s Report was submitted to board members prior to the meeting. After discussion, President Angela Ingraham
declared the Treasurer’s Report to be filed for audit.

Update on Voting

The board discussed member participation in the vote. Only 11% of the membership voted, despite post cards and emails being sent to every member. For the new By-Laws, 56 members (96%) voted yes, 2 members voted no, 3 abstained. On the Genetic Recovery Initiative, 51 members (83.6%) voted yes, 10 members voted no.

Mother Earth News Fairs

Expenses for the OR & WI MENFairs were close to the $500. allotted for each event. Response during & after these fairs was fantastic.
Board Member at Large Donna Hertlein made a motion to participate in 3 more MENFairs, with a budget of $500. for expenses at each fair. All were in favor, none opposed.

Vice-President Jack Rowland, Region 3 Director Deborah Niemann-Boehle & Region 5 Director Wendy McDaniel plan to attend The Livestock
Conservancy conference.

Herd Census

The Breeder’s Committee will make up a form for a Herd Census, to be sent out early in 2017.

Tagging/Notching

A form needs to be developed that includes the tag/notch information for the Registration Certificates. The Registrar will be consulted so that the current forms can be looked at, and modified to include this information. This needs to be finalized by the first of the year, 2017.

Litter Notification Form and New Guidelines/Pricing for Registrations

The board discussed Litter Notifications, and decided not to pursue this, at this time. Whether or not Litter Registrations are necessary, and changes to fees were also discussed.

A glitch in the website involving member renewals after a lapse in membership was discussed.

Calendars

All the photos are assembled for the calendars. Pre-ordering, shipping & pricing were discussed. President Angela Ingraham will put the ordering information on the website.

The Livestock Conservancy Advertising

Secretary Pro Tem/Treasurer Kim Consol made a motion to have a half page ad in the TLC Breeder’s Handbook for $175.00. Region 5 Director
Wendy McDaniel seconded the motion. All were in favor.

Ruth’s new computer

The board discussed that the Registrar’s computer is not working very well and needs to be replaced. A refurbished one will cost $300.00. Vice-President Jack Rowland made a motion to authorize Ruth to spend up to $350. to replace her laptop. Board Member at Large Donna Hertlein
seconded the motion. All were in favor.

November election, MailChimp, Website, Facebook

The phone number and time for the Membership Meeting conference call will be sent to members by email, and posted on the website & Facebook.
President Angela Ingraham will write up the agenda for that meeting. Secretary Pro Tem/Treasurer Kim Consol will check the email list to make
sure all addresses are correct.

The meeting was adjourned at 10:02 P.M Central time.